Skip to main content

More Halloween, a shirt,and some earrings

Sorry for the delay in posting. My phone camera was acting up, and I've been really busy starting up a crochet/knit group, finding a job, and volunteering. Enough about that....
I organized almost all my fabrics. By the way, you can get fabric from almost anything...my favorites are sheets and the blankets that you get on the airplanes....they are just waiting for something to be made out of them!!


These are some quick earrings I put together. As a side note, I am donating all the earrings that I made that were for sale on my Etsy site to a silent auction fundraiser (40-45 pairs). The fundraiser will raise money in order to have events for kids that are over here in Japan.
These are my headphone earrings...I had actually had an my eye on them since hubby brought them home. He accidentally put them through the wash....score for me! So I made these head phone earrings :)
Buttons I put on a shirt. I felt it kinda looked almost like plaid.

So with the plethora of plastic bags I still seem to have around my house, I made this Halloween wreath. It was simple to make, just time consuming, but it got rid of about 8-10 bags.

How To:
I took a heavy gauged wire and made a 10" loop. I took my bags and folded them vertically (handles at the top and bottom at the bottom) and made 1/2-1" horizontal cuts. This left me with 1/2-1" loops. Cut each loop in half, then cut the strand in half 3 times. You should have 8 mini strands of plastic. Tie onto the wire and continue until your wire is full. Do not worry about crumpling the bags because they fluff out easily. Decorate as you like. I add a simple bow, but you could decorate with glitter, paint, etc. CAUTION: Do NOT use a hot glue gun, it will melt your plastic. You can make one for all holidays actually. For example, Valentines day, you can use white and red bags and bend the shape of the wire into a heart.
Here is my guy hanging up, and a crochet web behind him that I made (see previous post).
I finished the pumpkins on my window! Note: I used regular acrylic paint. I have heard it comes off with windex, but if all else fails, I will get it off with a razor blade.
I was really excited about this project, but it did not turn out well. I used salt dough to make pumpkins, but they never dried properly and the paint is still moist from a couple days ago. It may just be the environment that I am in since it's really humid over here.
This is my master piece....well sort of. It is a hooded robe for hubby's costume since he wants to go as father time. It is made from a queen size sheet. No pattern. Just used the tutorial from Threadbanger.com. Still trying to finish mine and make him something more father timeish.

I also want to add that my ebook is still not out. I have had a few hick-ups in the road, but it should be out with in the next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".