Skip to main content

Halloween and clothes!

Some stuff I have been working on for the home, holidays, and human (was that a stretch?).

Oh my gosh! A dead-looking flower! It must mean Halloween is coming!!!! Okay that was dumb, but anyways, here is my Halloweeny coffee filter flower. I made it similar to what you would do if you were making a coffee filter rose, but made the petals spikey instead. I used a hot glue gun instead of floral tape, because I feel that it holds better, and I used purple and black water colors. I used a bamboo stick as the stem, which I should have painted.
This is my hangman, and yes, it is a real noose that I tied. I do NOT recommend this if you have kids. We may have a Halloween party, so I am starting to rethink it since I'm starting to doubt my husband's friend's intelligence.
His face is actually a Halloween mask that was tucked into a robed "figure".
In order to give him some type of body, I took a hanger and hooked it on the back of the mask, where there was a strap and attached two pieces of wire to either side of the hanger.

This is my ghost tree with little crochet ghosts, but I'm thinking of making some spiders or other Halloweeny items.
Close up. I used brads for his eyes, which are those things that you put in a stack of papers and separate the two prongs to secure.
Yep, hubby's bathroom. This is another piece of wall art that I made from the inside of old 3.5 disks and bamboo skewers.
Now, on to fashion.....these are earrings were post earrings, but I bent the post up, put a jump ring on it and a fish hook, and done!
Here is a confiscated dress shirt. I took off the sleeve and took in the sides.
This was a belt, second recon actually. It was originally just a black belt, but I wanted to use it as part of my cop costume two Halloweens ago. It has been sitting ever since, so I wove a ribbon in and out to eliminate the punk rocker look, because it's just not my style. WEEE, new belt!
I loved this pattern and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the top when I found it. It started as a 3x shirt, but now it's a skirt!
Close up of the bow on the left side.
On a side note, I am currently working on an ebook for crochet which hopefully will be done by mid next week if anyone is interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".