Skip to main content

Last week's projects

Sad news...I used up all the purple yarn on the shrug that I was working on, and neither Joann's and Michael's has more :( So that project has been permanently on hold. Good news, I found the lost hook that I was using to make the hairpin skirt (who would think that I would loose both hooks I had?)! I started a new pattern:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Apparel/LW1526+Weekend+Crochet+Top.htm
ny
But I'm having trouble with it. I understand how the panel pattern fits into the pattern, but I am stuck on the 2nd row of the panel pattern. I have tried it several times with no avail, at least the way I'm reading the pattern. Any help would be appreciated :)

On to the pictures! Well sort of. I made Vegetable Rice Salad for a Labor Day cook out. It was so easy and tasted really good.

Vegetable Rice Salad

1 c. Mayonnaise
1 T. Vinegar
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 c. cooked rice, cooled
10 oz. Frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. chopped green onions

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill.

I substituted yellow onions instead of green onions and used cut up green beans instead of peas. You could always add other veggies too or omit the ones that you don't like.

I also decorated a pumpkin this weekend. I got the idea off a picture I saw and ran with it. This is a fake pumpkin, but I'm sure you could use a real one. I took aluminum wire, spiraled it, and added beads here and there. When I was spiraling it, I made sure to point the wire down at either ends of the spirals so that I could stick it into the pumpkin and added glue to secure it. I also added a spiral around the stem to tie it all together. It took me about 2 hours.


Another project I started on is this dress:
I just made the dress from scratch. I cut 2 long rectangles that were as wide as the measurement from my armpit to the middle of my boobs. I put the band underneath my bust to measure how long it needed to be. To make the bottom, I just used as much material as I had and sewed it into a tube. I then pinned it to the band, sewed. Sewed the two rectangles so they slightly overlapped, and then sewed them to the band as well. I like how the top fits because it is supportive even without a bra (and I need that), but the bottom makes me look like I have a huge butt and thighs. Since I don't need that kind of attention, I seam ripped the bottom off and am going to make it shorter to just make it a top. I am also thinking of putting a ruffle on it or some type of decoration because the fabric itself is kind of a blah color.


I am working on one more project, but it's a secret :-x It has been taking the bulk of my time, but I cannot post pictures because it is a present for someone, but I will post them later :) Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. I want to start making my own clothing, but it looks too intimidating! You should take a pic of the dress when its done, I wanna see what it looks like on someone! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".