Sunday, September 13, 2009

Last week's projects

Sad news...I used up all the purple yarn on the shrug that I was working on, and neither Joann's and Michael's has more :( So that project has been permanently on hold. Good news, I found the lost hook that I was using to make the hairpin skirt (who would think that I would loose both hooks I had?)! I started a new pattern:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Apparel/LW1526+Weekend+Crochet+Top.htm
ny
But I'm having trouble with it. I understand how the panel pattern fits into the pattern, but I am stuck on the 2nd row of the panel pattern. I have tried it several times with no avail, at least the way I'm reading the pattern. Any help would be appreciated :)

On to the pictures! Well sort of. I made Vegetable Rice Salad for a Labor Day cook out. It was so easy and tasted really good.

Vegetable Rice Salad

1 c. Mayonnaise
1 T. Vinegar
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 c. cooked rice, cooled
10 oz. Frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. chopped green onions

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill.

I substituted yellow onions instead of green onions and used cut up green beans instead of peas. You could always add other veggies too or omit the ones that you don't like.

I also decorated a pumpkin this weekend. I got the idea off a picture I saw and ran with it. This is a fake pumpkin, but I'm sure you could use a real one. I took aluminum wire, spiraled it, and added beads here and there. When I was spiraling it, I made sure to point the wire down at either ends of the spirals so that I could stick it into the pumpkin and added glue to secure it. I also added a spiral around the stem to tie it all together. It took me about 2 hours.


Another project I started on is this dress:
I just made the dress from scratch. I cut 2 long rectangles that were as wide as the measurement from my armpit to the middle of my boobs. I put the band underneath my bust to measure how long it needed to be. To make the bottom, I just used as much material as I had and sewed it into a tube. I then pinned it to the band, sewed. Sewed the two rectangles so they slightly overlapped, and then sewed them to the band as well. I like how the top fits because it is supportive even without a bra (and I need that), but the bottom makes me look like I have a huge butt and thighs. Since I don't need that kind of attention, I seam ripped the bottom off and am going to make it shorter to just make it a top. I am also thinking of putting a ruffle on it or some type of decoration because the fabric itself is kind of a blah color.


I am working on one more project, but it's a secret :-x It has been taking the bulk of my time, but I cannot post pictures because it is a present for someone, but I will post them later :) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I want to start making my own clothing, but it looks too intimidating! You should take a pic of the dress when its done, I wanna see what it looks like on someone! =]

    ReplyDelete