Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back from a long vacation

I finished my "secret" project over the weekend, and I was so excited! It was a blanket that I made as a wedding present. I forgot to take a picture, but it turned out really well. Here is the original pattern that I got off LionBrand.com

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70408AD.html?noImages=

The pattern itself is fairly easy, although it was smaller than I liked so I made two of them and put them together, and it turned out good. I used purple for the circles, then white, and then black for the main color. Hopefully I can get a picture of it at some point in time, when I get to it, lol.

After I had decided on what the wedding present was going to be, I realized that I had nothing to wear! I had several formal dresses and some really casual dresses, but nothing in between. So...I decided to get creative on a pinky-lilac strapless that I had (Sorry no before pic). I had bought it originally on a whim at Goodwill. The original color was way too light for a fall wedding, so I dyed it purple with fabric dye in the washing machine. I would recommend this type of dying because it is quick and easy, and the color comes out even since it is constantly being agitated. I sewed the ribbon on the bottom and the bow under the bustline. Easy and quick, the hardest part was deciding what to originally do with the dress since it was a blank canvas.





I found a bolero that I never wear that I made a while ago. I never liked how it fit, and I thought it came out too small, so I took it apart and have been using that to make the purple shrug that I stopped working on. I probably would have been done by it now, but I have had to continuously take rows out because I keep forgetting either the chain or the other double crochet on the "V" stitch. I have also quickly decided that I don't like the "V" stitch, lol.


I figured out the problem on the sweater I started last week thanks to my mother :) I was definitely reading the pattern wrong. I am also really happy that what I am making is looking like the pattern (that means I'm doing it right!). However, I have now run into a problem with the shoulders. It seems like the pattern was written completely different for both sides. Not just backwards so it would look the same. I set it down last week, and haven't picked it up since because I just came back from vacation on Wednesday (yey for long vacations!).

One more thing I made was "pizza pockets". I used the same pizza recipe that I used for the calzones, but folded them into little pockets similar to hot pockets. Mine are not as flaky, but I'm told it's a good thing. It was also more convenient to have the sauce already in them then dipping them.

2 comments:

  1. The blanket is lovely :) I have it on the couch in our office/TV room. I will take a picture and send it to you as soon as I remember. It was great to see you guys, glad you enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete