Skip to main content

Crochet, soup, crochet...

I previously posted how excited I was that I found more yarn by taking apart a previous project (a shrug). Sadly, I have run out :(....again. Here's how far I got. I am probably 3/4 of the way done if not more and I'm really excited about it since this will be my 3rd wearable project that I have been working on. I am hoping that they get the yarn in soon, and I'm crossing my fingers that they still make it and carry it. PS--not my foot, lol.




I also made some soup, it was SOUPER easy (hahaha). You pretty much used whatever veggies you have around in your place, cut them up, throw them in a pot, boil 20-30 minutes and dinner is served! Here's my recipe:

6 boullion cubes (vegetable or beef)
7 c. water
1/4 c. shredded carrots
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 small can tomato sauce
pinch fresh rosemary
3/4 c. pasta, uncooked
1 c. cut up spinach
3 potatoes cubes
4 T. dried parsley

Like I said before, throw everything in the pot except the pasta, which you want to add about 15 minutes before it's done so it doesn't get soggy. You can use any type of pasta, elbow macaroni, alphabet noodles, you can even break up spaghetti and use that. It's a very forgiving recipe. You don't have to use spinach, you can add cut up tomatoes, celery, etc.

I recently restarted working on a blanket that I started about 5 years ago. I started it freshman year, but a year or so after that I set it next to a heater in a plastic bag. Naturally, the bag melted to it, yellowing the yarn. I stopped working on it at that point in time since I didn't have the heart to take out the 1-2 feet out that had partially turned yellow since I had put so much work into it. So I took it home and my mom and my boyfriend were nice enough to do it for me after I had left the room (I was really that disappointed). But I recovered and now am working on it again. It is not from a pattern, it's just a shell stitch, so I am just going to continue on it until A) I get sick of it or B) I decide it's long enough. I originally made it with the intention that it would be big enough to completely fit under it. As of right now it is 55" x 67" so I could fit under it now, but I'm still going.

I am also really excited about Halloween that is coming up since it is my favorite holiday. I will focus my efforts on Halloween projects for the month, especially since I have almost no decorations for the holiday, surprisingly enough. Well, signing out....happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".