Skip to main content

Chained Spider Web Pattern...Yey for Halloween!

I have been slacking on my Halloween decorating, so I went through and put them up yesterday, and realized that I needed more decorations...especially for my favorite holiday! So I had previously made a spider web before and had yarn I picked up from the thrift store for .50! Score!

This a beginner pattern and very easy. This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the product. I did work hard on measuring the lengths and adjusting so please respect that. That being said here is the pattern:

Chained Spider Web

Chain 4 or 5 lengths of 7 feet. They do not have to be perfectly equal because in nature, neither are spider webs. You need to also make a chain length of about 45 feet. Lay out your 4 or 5 lengths of 7 feet on the floor so they are in a star pattern and meet in the middle. For example, make an "X" with the first two strands and add additional strands so they are evenly spaced. Take your 45 foot length of chain and place underneath the center of the star and start to make a spiral around your star until you run out. Adjust your spiderweb as needed. Now you will need to secure your spider web. You can either use yarn (which is how the first picture was done) or use hot glue(easier and used in the second photo).

If you choose to secure with yarn: Wrap a strand of yarn around the center in all different ways, wrapping at different angles. Tie in a square knot and hide knot. You will also need to tie around where the 45 foot length of chain and other chain lengths meet. I did this on the back of my spider web so it was less noticeable. You will also need to tuck in your ends at the end of your 4 or 5 lengths of chain, and you are done :)

If you choose to secure with a glue gun: Use glue sparingly! Glue your center strands, one on top of each other. Also place a dot of glue where 45 foot length of chain meets the other chain lengths. Put a dab of glue on the ends of your 4 or 5 chain lengths for ends of chains, and you are done!

Feel free to place bugs/spiders in your web, or use different colors such as white, off white (what I used), black, purple, etc. Also feel free to adjust the size. The spider web in the window is smaller than the one that is by the couch. I would say the measurements were 5 strands of 5 foot chain, and about 25-35 feet for the longest length (I did not measure this, it is approx.).




Have a safe and Happy Halloween!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".