Skip to main content

Finishing last minute projects before I start crafting Xmas!

This shirt was originally short sleeve, and the neckline was all the way up to the neck. I cut the sleeves and sewed the edges for a more finished look. I also cut the neckline....a little too big. So then I decided to crochet around the neckline. However, I'm still not happy with it. I was thinking about cutting out a diamond a little below the neckline and crocheting in the hole, but I'm not sure. I think the color bugs me (it's peach if you can't tell in the picture). I may just give it away, since I have been working on it for several months now.


I had previously was working on a purple shrug, but I bought the yarn last year at Joann's and can no longer find it. So I finally gave up and took it apart :-/. It was sad, but I
happy that it wasn't lying around anymore collecting dust.


The red hat that I previously posted had the same fate. I had used the Pretty Puffs Slouchy Hat Pattern as a guide, and instead of using single crochet I used double crochet. I wanted to give it a more net-like look as well, andI don't like crocheting in the round with single crochet . It didn't turn out well, so I cut it in the middle and added the original pattern where I tried to do my own thing. However, that didn't work either because I joined it using single crochet, and it made it more tight that the rest of it, so it looked funny when it was on my head. *sigh* As I said, I took it apart, and just redid it using the pattern. I have come to terms with single crochet in the round and I am not against it anymore. I could never find the beginning of my row, even if I marked it....because I kept marking the wrong stitch :) I like using bobby pins to mark my stitches since I have an over abundance. On a side note, these hats are great to keep your head warm in the morning if you wet your hair or if your having a bad hair day:)

I had extra scraps left over from last week when I made my ball of tshirt. I could not use the hemmed edges since they were too thick, but they are perfect for scrap curlers :) To make scrap curlers, you need about 8"-10" of a piece of fabric. Done! To put them in, fold it over (you have a loop on one side, like in the picture) and wrap your hair around it. When you get to your scalp or as far up as you want to go, take one of the ends and slip it through the loop. Tie it tight. You only need to tie it once and it will hold. These are very comfy and you can sleep in these. For best results, I suggest damp hair with some product in it so it holds better.

Go green and save your lightbulbs! My last project is the light bulb snowman. I have been wanting to make this for several months, but was waiting until it was more seasonal. I am really pleased with how it turned out, although it was a little more difficult to put together than I thought it would be since I installed a wire loop so it could be easily hung on a Christmas tree. I came up with a quick pattern for the hat and the scarf is just chaining. The pom-pom on top of the hat is just cut strings that I brushed so they would poof out.
Pattern for the hat:
Chain 13, join, sc 5 rows. tie off, but leave a 'tail'. Take the tail and weave in and out around the top row and pull tight. Take original tail and tie to tail at the top with a square knot. Turn inside out.

You will have extra yarn inside, but it won't matter since it will be glued on the top of the light bulb.

To put in the hook: I used jewelry wire. I put a dot of hot glue on the silver part of the light bulb to secure the end of the wire. I wrapped the wire 3 times around the top, put it through the top of the hat and back down to make a loop and twisted it. I then wrapped the wire around the silver part of the light bulb and put hot glue inside and slid the hat over the top before it dried.

I hope I explained this well, if you have any questions, don't hesitate. Happy holidays and happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".