Skip to main content

Warmer weather and Halloween!

I just finished this hat this morning. I got the pattern off of http://aprildraven.blogspot.com/. I recently fell in love with this blog....really easy patterns and very cute things. This is the convertible hat from this website (I love convertible clothing...so versatile!). I decided not to add beads, and it is only one color. It took a little more than half a skein of yarn to make. It's actually a really pretty sky blue, the picture doesn't do it justice.







Here is a scarf/shawl that I finished earlier this week. I've never made anything like this before, because I always associated shawl with old lady. But April's scarf was so cute that I had to try it. I think it turned out really well, and it's warm. I'm not sure about the color, but I think it's growing on me. This is also versitile as a scarf, or as just a shawl. You could also wear it as sleeves by putting it over your shoulders and taking the ends and tie them behind your back, underneath the back of the shawl.



Halloween! I haven't been doing a whole bunch of stuff for Halloween, sad to say, but I have a lot of ideas. I just need to go shopping (should be next week,that and I haven't gotten back to my sewing machine yet). I got this idea off of a shirt I saw on http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/. I used an off-white yarn and chained my heart out. Chaining is the foundation to crochet. I chained 5 lengths, all purposely uneven because nothing is perfect in nature. I laid them out so they criss-crossed and losely measured how long the final chaining length (the one that makes the spiral pattern) would need to be and made that. I wrapped yarn around the middle of the criss-crossed pieces then attached the end of the final chaining length to it. I used 3" pieces to attach the long piece to the shorter criss-crossed pieces with square knots. My final web is about 3' in diameter and it took less than half a skein. I later found a website on how to make a web without chaining and just using the yarn itself, however, I think it would be hard to store and would get tangled easily.
I found a pattern for this eyeball door knob cover:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=189436.0

Here is my first attempt at it. I like the idea, but I don't like the pattern for it. It is also difficult because are door knobs are really small. I think that I will attempt it again, but add a tie to put it on so it is adjustable and will fit over a number of door knobs.





Here's part of the costume that I made for last year. I picked up a man's black 2XT (T=Tall) at Goodwill. I used the pinch and pin method to make it fit me. Since it was "Tall" it was also definitely long enough. This is a good base for many costumes....I was a cop last year, add sunglasses, badge, and handcuffs. French maid, add apron, feather duster, and lacy hair accent (you could even be Magenta). I'm sure there are many more things you could be.













This year, I'm going to be a dark angel. I originally was going to go with the "tattered" fallen angel type deal, but I wanted to make my own wings. I found a tutorial on Threadbanger.com (just search for "fairy wings") how to make fairy wings and I've been dying to try it out and I found my opportunity. Here is the skeleton to the wings. I still need to pick up some hosiery and feathers. Not sure what I'm going to do for the main costume, but that will probably be inspired from the wings.

Happy Crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".