Skip to main content

Christmas and Halloween Crafting

I finished all the pinecones (YEY) for the family. Now to decorate them? I liked both of these the best because it only seemed fitting to decorate with both green and red :) This one is just a green bow with a button glued on it. The "snow" is not glitter, it's called "Diamond Dust" by Twinklets. I found out that it's actually ground up glass...but it's so fine, that it won't cut you, so no worries. Awesome way to recycle glass :)






This pinecone is just 3" pieces of ribbon glued together with pony beads glued on top. To make, take your section of ribbon and place the ends on top of each other, right side of the ribbon facing up. The ribbon will make the loop itself. I glued the beads on there to make it look like holly and to cover up the ribbon where it was glued. Really easy. I also tied some fishing line onto it BEFORE I glued down the ribbon so that it could be hung (p.s. glue the "holly" on top of the knot on the string).



I finished my wings! I love how they turned out, and they were so easy to make! I decided to change the shape of the wings and go for a more "pointy" look. To finish them, I picked up a pair of black knee highs for .50 at Goodwill....still in the packaging, never used. I tied one over each side, and covered the knot in the middle with wide ribbon. I just used regular elmers and a paint brush to put on the feathers (i put glue on the stretched knee highs and the feathers). I also found out that my wings were not the same size, so I just faked it by putting more feathers on one side. I tied two

lengths of ribbon around the middle so that I could tie my wings on.

I had a lot of fun making this curtain for Halloween. I got the idea off of Threadbanger.com. It's a Dollar store plastic curtain and 50 cent paint. Cheap, easy. In the episode on Threadbanger, they take it outside, but feeling lucky, I just left it to hang in the bathroom, which actually worked out better because then the paint could drip, making it more realistic. They also used a large paintbrush to fling the paint, but since I didn't a big enough paintbrush(my largest artistic one wasn't making the cut....haha, pun) I used a spoon.









I cut the tombstones freehand out of a cardboard box I picked up at work, and "mixed" the paint on the tombstone to give it a more dreary look. The bats and ghosts are just paper cut outs from templates I found online. All you have to do is Google it, there are hundreds of free templates. I just traced a circle for the moon.








Last but not least, I finished my sweater! I was so excited, but as previously mentioned, it is a size too big. It is supposed to be a medium, but it probably fits a large or extra large. I tried it on and looked like a football player. LOL.

Still working on more Halloween and Xmas projects. I have a lot of presents figured out for what to make who, so I'm really proud of myself for starting so early this year. The only bad thing is that they look at my blog so I won't be able to share what I am working on :( Never fear, I will show off my work after the holidays. If you are the crafting type and are looking for ideas, I highly suggest that you visit Craftster.org. It has lots of project ideas and even a spot that you can ask for crafting suggestions on the forum for those loved ones that you are clueless on. Happy Crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".