Skip to main content

Blankets, tops and other stuffs

 Here are two blankets that I have made an given to the Navy/Marine Relief.  I have made about 5 blankets total, and of course am working on number 6 :)
Girl's baby blanket made for the Navy/Marine Relief
Boy's Baby blanket made for Navy/Marine Relief
I purposely bought a pair of shoes at the thrift store for the purpose of glitterfying.   I was so excited after I was done, I loved them!  But I went out in them and the glitter and glue came off in big chunks.  I was seriously disappointed in Modge Podge.  So I am planning on attempting this again, but maybe using E6000 glue.  It's supposed to be waterproof and rubberized, so if that doesn't work, I am not sure what will.  Any other suggestions?
Before
After glitter
 Sorry for the sideways picture, but this is a dream catcher that I made from a wire coat hanger.
Dream Catcher
 This is from a reflective belt that was way too big for me so I cut off the excess and made an armband or a fore-armband.
Snazzy arm band

 Summer Chain top I made.  It worked up rather quickly, and I ended up making it a little smaller than the pattern originally asks, which worked out because it would have been way too big otherwise.  I also made it without sleeves.  Here's the pattern link: http://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1131.html
Chain summer top
This is the beginning of the V Shell Top.  It is  marked as a free pattern on Ravelry, but there was no pattern link.  I tried to contact the person who made the top, but she was unable to give me the pattern so I made it up (which took a couple days of trial and error).  Here it is so far, and I just started yesterday.  I just finished creating the sleeves, yey!
Shell V Top
I have also been obsessively looking for sweaters at the thrift store so I can unravel them and use them for the yarn.   Both the Summer Chain Top and Shell V Top are made from upcycled yarn.  I recently purchased a ball winder as well, and I love it.  It makes unraveling way quicker.

Comments

  1. Did you put a layer of anything over the glitter once it was on? If not, I'd suggest trying a layer of clear glue or something to seal it on there. Maybe it would stay on better? Just an idea, if you haven't already tried it. haha

    Missi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that, but I think it needs to be more flexible to move with the shoe/foot b/c they're super flexible

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes sense, not sure what else I'd suggest!

    Missi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiral Baby Blanket: free pattern

This pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or product, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Spiral Baby Blanket Pattern: Approx. 36" in diameter.  I used worsted weight baby yarn with an H hook. Ch 5 and join. R1: Ch up 3, 11 dc in circle.  Join. R2: Ch up 4.  *dc 1, ch 1* in each dc around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R3: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R4: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 2 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R5: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 3 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R6: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 4 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R7: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 5 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R8: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 6 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R9: Ch up 4.  *dc in ch sp and next 7 dc.  Ch 1* around.  Join in 3rd ch from hook R10: Ch up 4.

Flower thong pattern...FINALLY!

Here is the long awaited pattern for the flower thong. I did use a smaller hook than what I had used on the purple undies, but I similarly used crochet size 10 thread. Flower Thong Pattern: **Pattern is worked starting with the string, then the body of the thong, then the ties. sh= shell= 3 dc in one st **NOTE: I made this pattern to fit me...I wear about a 6 size undies. If you wear bigger or smaller, you will need to adjust the ties accordingly. I also made the ties so they could be just double knotted, not tied in bows, so if that's what you're looking for, you would need to add more as well. Also this pattern is for personal use only, please do not sell the pattern or the undies, as I am giving it to you for free and it took several hours to write it down. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and please let me know if I need to tweak the pattern. Thanks, and enjoy!** Ch 60, sc in 2nd from hook and in each ch. When you get to end ch, 5 sc & “go around corner”. Sc in ea

Free Pattern: Easy Striped Baby Blanket

I created this light and airy baby blanket, and it seems to crochet up pretty quick.  It is for personal use only, and it took a while to figure it out, so please respect that.  Do not sell the pattern or the final product.  Thanks! I used size J hook and sport baby yarn.  *Note: Ch 3 counts as 1st DC* Ch 113 R1: DC in 4th ch from hook.  DC in next 10 ch.  Ch 1, *DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, DC, ch 1, 11 more DC*.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row.  Turn. R2: Ch 3 and DC in next 10 st.  Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Repeat R2 until you are satisfied with the length.  The width of the blanket is about 42".